Storsjö church is beautifully situated on a small hill, surrounded by birches, with beautiful views over the lake.
The present church was built in 1812 after relocation and rebuilding of the old church from 1751. It is a timber church and much of the interior has been moved from the old church. The church was decorated by local wood carvers/carpenters and artists. The most renowned of these carpenters were Jöns Ljungberg and Jöns Halfvarsson Björnlind from Ljungdalen. The pulpit is a so-called altar pulpit, made by Jöns Halfvarsson and placed directly above the altar.
The church is open for visitation every day between 9-21. Religious service is held once a month. The church holds baptisms, weddings and funerals. Recently, the bishop also visited.
Caretaker for Storsjö church is Kent Moén, tel. 0046 (0)10-470 01 22